If you decide to cut the nails yourself or have a groomer, it’s important to know how to cut your dog’s nails correctly. Using the correct tools, such as dog nail clippers, their most loved snacks, and nail-trimming techniques, you’ll have your dog’s manicure mastered in just a few minutes.
How to cut the nails of your dog
- Begin with a paw lift to determine how comfortable he feels with the scenario.
- Place your feet on the floor so that you don’t cause him to twist his legs too much.
- Take a leg, and examine the nail to view the meat.
- Clippers should be placed over the edges of the nail so that you cannot see the flesh.
- Keep the clipper at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Cut off the tip of the nail. First, only. Have a look at it before continuing.
- Keep the nail and paw